Monday, July 18, 2011

Another 1997 lincoln continental overheating problem....?

It started over heating about 4months ago. Me and my step dad changed the thermostat, but it was still overheating. I took it to a Quality auo shop and the fixed it, but they didnt pressure test it when they put it out of the door. after i took it back and after the mechanic got it all sorted out for the second time he pressure tested it and all was good. About 1-2 months after it was all fixed an was running good, i was going to town to go to the movies and it overheated. I was puzzled, luckily my cousin who is a cop was on duty and happened to drive by me with the cloud of smoke pooring out of my hood. He gave it a look and it was a cracked radiator. (yah, fml) After that i got it towd to the DEALER and they replaced my radiator, but the mechanic didnt hook the trans hose to the radiator with a clamp, as you know, trans started leaking when i ws driving around town and as soon as i went to get on the highway, i put the petal down and boom, trans hose popped off, shot my trans. So i had to get it towd again to the dealer, (with in the same week) and they got everything fixed (for free!!) So up to this point i have a new T stat, new radiator, and a new trans (which dont matter for cooling syatems). Anyway, it started overheating about 6 days ago, so me and my step dad and my unlce checked it out, and my unlce said it was some air in the system, so he bleed the cooling system and it has been running good since this morning when it OVERHEATED AGAIN! I have an appointment with a THIRD mechanic on 6-20-2011. My question was any thoughts on WTF is wrong with my POS car??, hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment