Tuesday, July 19, 2011

How to make After Effects render frames faster on a low-end graphics card?

Ok, so I've got a laptop computer with an Intel Accelerated graphics card with no OpenGL support, and whenever I do any complicated projects in After Effects, it will take several seconds (sometimes minutes) to render a single frame for the preview window at half resolution. I was wondering if there was any way to somehow make it render faster without compromising preview resolution, and ideally not turning effects/layers off (probably sounds kinda futile). I do hope to get a new computer with better processing power in the near future, but for the time being I can't upgrade anything because of the fact that my current card is soldered to the motherboard and USB/FireWire graphics cards are jokes. So, what can I do to speed things up? I am running Adobe CS5 in Windows Vista 64 bit on a Dell Studio 1535 with 3 gigs of ram, a 230 gig hard drive (mostly unused), Intel Core 2 Duo processor,

No comments:

Post a Comment